The APPGS holds around three meetings a year in Parliament. All members and non-members alike are invited to attend these events where there is an opportunity to ask questions or make comments.
The public are also welcome to suggest issues for the group to discuss. Whilst we endeavour to cover as many issues and interests as possible, the pure breadth of dermatology as a field inevitably prevents us from covering everything that we would like. If you or your organisation are aware of a matter that would be of interest or relevance to the Group then please do get in touch and we will be happy to discuss this further.
On 4th November (2-4pm) the APPGS will be hosting an inquiry session into new models of care to help address the workforce issues facing dermatology services.
We will post more information on this event shortly.
Past events have covered:
- Parliamentary launch of the DCE 2015 audot of dermatology services in England.
- A crisis in dermatological workforce and education? – a panel discussion followed by open debate and questions (featuring panelists from the BAD, PCDS, Health Education England and the Royal College of GPs
- Panel discussion on impmentation of NICE guidance on psoriasis and the possibility of a commissioning incentive (Psoriasis Association/BDNG/IMPACT/NICE/NHSE/HSCIC)
- Oral evidence session on the subject of sunbed regulation (CRUK/BAD/TSA/Liverpool CC/COMARE).
- Parliamentary launch of the APPGS’ 2013 report on the psychological and social effects of skin disease.
- A Crisis in Dermatology: a presentation from Prof. Christopher Bunker, President of the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD)
- The changing role of dermatological nursing services (BDNG)
- A presentation on the psychological effects of skin diseases (Changing Faces)
- A reception to mark the launch of the Quality Standards for Dermatology: Providing the Right Care for People with Skin Conditions (BAD, plus several other organisations)
- A presentation on measuring the psychological effects of psoriasis (The Psoriasis Association)
Summaries of previous parliamentary meetings
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of the Parliamentary meeting on The Audit of Dermatology Services from 14th July 2015 (PDF 124kb)
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of the Parliamentary meeting on Education and Workforce from 2nd December 2014 (PDF 124KB)
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of the Parliamentary meeting on Psoriasis from 10th June 2014 (PDF 138 Kb)
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of the Parliamentary meeting on Sunbeds from 14th January 2014 (PDF 862 Kb)
- November 2013 Reception to mark the launch of the Group’s 2013 REPORT.
- CLICK HERE to download ‘Crisis in Dermatology‘ PDF presentation from 11th March 2013 (PDF 1.8 Mb)
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of Parliamentary meetings from 11th March 2013 (PDF 131Kb)
- CLICK HERE to download ‘Oral Evidence Session Summary‘ from 20th November 2012 (PDF 209Kb)
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of Parliamentary meetings from 16th October 2012 (PDF 119Kb)
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of Parliamentary meetings from 28th February 2012 (PDF 90Kb)
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of Parliamentary meetings from 16th November 2011 (PDF 70Kb)
- CLICK HERE to download Minutes of Parliamentary meetings from 08th November 2011 (PDF 74Kb)